The Caledonian Railway is an entirely volunteer run non-profit organisation, with funds being reinvested into the restoration and preservation of the railway. The Brechin Railway Preservation Society was formed in 1979 with the operating arm, Caledonian Railway Brechin Limited, being incorporated on the 16 December 1982. Caledonian Railway Brechin Limited has won several awards and built up a reputation as one of the most visited tourist attractions in Angus, all thanks to our dedicated team of volunteers.
So sit back, relax and watch the world go by from the comfort of our heritage trains hauled by both steam and diesel locomotives.
Interested in joining the Brechin Railway Preservation Society, click here to take you to the BRPS website.
- Easter Eggspress - 31 March & 1 April.
- Steam Sundays - 3 June to 9 September. Details to follow.
- Diesel Saturdays - 16 June to 8 September. Details to follow.
- The Whisky Whistler - 16 & 23 June. Details to follow.
- The Frying Scotsman - 14 July & 11 August. Details to follow.
- Murder on the Brechin Express - 4 August.Details to follow.
- Diesel Operating Weekend - 18 & 19 August. Details to follow.
- Day Out With Thomas - 28/29 July & 25/26 August.
Information for Disabled Passengers
All daytime train services have a wheelchair/disabled saloon with ramped access or assistance to seating.
Evening Events: For these services the wheelchair/disabled saloon is used as the bar but there is still ramped access or assistance to seating.
BRECHIN STATION: Access to the station via Park Road car park using the gate to the platform. Male and Female disabled toilets located an platform 2.
BRIDGE OF DUN STATION: Access to the main platform and an unisex disabled toilet located in the station building.