Day Out With Thomas
Make Their Day.
Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th August.
Enjoy a Family Day Out With Thomas on the Caledonian Railway.
See Thomas on the Caledonian Railway on the above dates, tickets on sale, click on the link opposite or the banner below.
Remember your train ticket covers all the attractions, for more details see box below. Brechin Station is the main venue for the attractions and your day should be planned with the greater part of your stay at this station. Limited on site parking at this station but arrangements made for additional parking nearby..
At Brechin Station there is a shop with lots of Thomas goodies, a picnic area and a Buffet serving hot and cold food, also tea, coffee, soft drinks, also BBQ. Station opens at 9:30am and closes at 4:30pm. Shop & Buffet open at 10:15am. Entry to Brechin Station is by train ticket only.
Bridge of Dun station has picnic tables and our buffet coach, The Buffer Stop Buffet. Soft drinks/water and crisps available from the coach at extra cost. Classic bus service, more details below. Bridge of Dun is open from 10:00am until 3:30pm. Free car parking on site.
Please note: We are unable to take card payments at Bridge of Dun Station. Cards payments can be made at Brechin Station Ticket Office and Gift Shop only.
More Day Out With Thomas Information:
What is included with your Train Ticket.
- One return journey on the Thomas train.
- Brake Van Rides behind a steam locomotive.
- Miniature Railway Rides.
- Fairground Rides.
- Bouncy Castle.
- Thomas DVD show (also at Bridge of Dun Station in the Buffet Coach).
- Imagination Station - colouring, crafts, toys.
- Day Out With Thomas Certificate to every child.
- Have your photograph taken with the Fat Controller at his car or with Terrence.
- Face Painter at the Imagination Station.
- Thomas re-enactments.
- Childrens' Entertainer. Based at Brechin but will also travel on some trains.
- Children's play area at Bridge of Dun.
- From Brechin: With this ticket you start your journey at Brechin and travel to Bridge of Dun, taking around 20 minutes. The train spends about 10 minutes there and then returns to Brechin to enable you to enjoy the rest of your day.
- From Bridge of Dun: This year Broken Returns can ONLY be booked by passengers starting from Bridge of Dun and you will return later on a specific service from Brechin which cannot be changed. Select your departure time from Bridge of Dun and the available return service time will be added. The fare is the same as for a direct return starting from Brechin.
- Any remaining tickets are sold on the day.
Classic Bus Service.
- Free Bus Service: linking the Railway at Bridge of Dun Station with House of Dun, Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre, Montrose High Street and Montrose Mainline Railway Station. Click here for Bus Timetable. Note: bus departs at the same time as the train. Entry to House and Air Station at extra cost.
- We offer standard seating (from Brechin or Bridge of Dun) or compartments (Brechin only.).
- Disabled saloon for departures from Brechin only.
- Please note that there a no toilets on the trains.
All activities are subject to availability, the railway reserves the right to alter these but will always endeavour to replace with a similar activity where possible.
2017 Gullane (Thomas) Limited
Information for Disabled Passengers
All daytime train services have a wheelchair/disabled saloon with ramped access or assistance to seating.
Evening Events: For these services the wheelchair/disabled saloon is used as the bar but there is still ramped access or assistance to seating.
BRECHIN STATION: Access to the station via Park Road car park using the gate to the platform. Male and Female disabled toilets located an platform 2.
BRIDGE OF DUN STATION: Access to the main platform and an unisex disabled toilet located in the station building.